Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Cool twice!

Ok, I'm just going to say right now how cool it is that the editor of Watchmen and Philosophy commented my blog.

I am saying this because it is a very good book to read if you love Watchmen. I love Watchmen, so it is a very good book for me to read and so far, the three chapters I've read have answered multiple internal questions which I though I'd always have swimming in the back of my mind. Example, Dr. Manhattan and his unique... condition(?) which renders him an emotional cripple. What's up with that? Well, now I know, and you'll just have to go read it to find out. Unless unlike me you're capable of trusting your own opinion without affirmation of some kind that you are indeed correct, which I need and like to have about most things. This is why I enjoy the Blackwell Philosophy and PopCulture series, I like to be able to see if my opinions match up with those of professionals.

And now it sounds like I'm sucking up to said editor (Mark D. White), and I guess I kind of am. Except that what I'm saying is truth, and sucking up usually consist of lies. This book is just really, really awesome.

1 comment:

comicsprof said...

Thanks again, kenz - it's nice to be sucked up to once in a while, especially when it's honest!