Sunday, March 8, 2009

Flargen Blargen.

I am amazed by the number of times I find myself running to my blog when I feel like giving myself a worthwhile excuse not to do my algebra homework. Right now is one of those times.

My laptop is a piece of shit. I'm not trying to sound ungrateful, because I'm actually very happy with it. It gets decent wireless and has MS Word, right now there is not much more that I need. That does ot nullify the fact that it is, in short, a piece of shit. The screen lining falls off every time I open and shut the thing. The L, H, S, E and U keys are very, very sticky and I am constantly having to go back and reread things to make sure that I haven't left out any key constanants or vowels. I have to basically punch the spacebar in the face to get it to work. Did I mention that it's giant?

In spite of all this, I do have a certain amount of affection for this ailing mass of technology. It's old, the company claims refurbishing, but I have a feeling that at my dad's company, this includes a washcloth rubdown. Here's another great thing about it: It was free! That fact in itself discredits any compaint I may have had, because no matter how shitty it is, I didn't have to pay for it! It has helped me in hundred of school projects and for that I am gratful. No more hand cramps! If I reach right down into the depths of my heart, I discover a sort of resentful love for my decrepit laptop. I may name it soon.

On another note, about 10 minutes ago it was snowing and blaringly sunny at the exact same time. I have never witnessed this before, it was pretty cool.

On a third note, I ordered two volumes of Jonah Hex yesterday. My movie blog fanaticism is influencing me in many way. One is introducing me to Comic Books (Graphic Novels blah blah). I have not figured out whether I'm into comic books right now because of Watchmen and the whole "comic books are cool!" thing that's going around, or because I'm genuinely one of those people who just like them. I've decided to leave my motivation unearthed and just enjoy the books, whether is be phase or a discovery of a lifelong love. We'll see, I'm sure.

1 comment:

Marc said...

Yeah, read comics! Specifically, read Y: The Last Man and Ex Machina. Based on your posts I think you'll really enjoy them.