Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Procrastination.


I'm only writing this blog post right now to postpone the inevitable: finishing my essay on the development of political parties in the early United States.

House night tonight. Coincidentally, I just bought a book at Borders called "House and Philosophy". Probably makes it into the top 10 most interesting books I've ever read. It relates all of Dr. Houses little House-isms to different philosophical ideas. (side note: I just wrote and read the word "House" way too many times and now it doesn't even look like a word. I hate that.) For example, Sartre's idea that human discomfort is based on our interactions with other people. That idea is definitely represented in House. They even gave an example of an episode that was most likely based somewhat loosely on Jean-Paul Sartre's play No Exit. It really makes you appreciate it when shows have intelligent writers who are clever enough to incorporate things like that.

6. Take a philosophy class.

No comments: